Theme: Guru Ram Das Ji
Who: Sikh Youth – all ages, (0 – 6 yo day camper only and require guardian at all times)
What: Sikh youth classes, activities, and community service specifically designed for our campers
When: Sunday June 18 2023 – June 23, 2023.
Where: Khalsa Care Foundation Gurdwara, Pacoima, CA. Overnight camp for 6+ and older at Gurdwara, day camp for kids < 6. If a camper cannot stay overnight, they must come on time for morning divan at 6:30 am.
Why: Learn about Sikhi and Gurmat, develop life-long sangat, and grow closer to our Guru
Cost: Free to attend
Tentative schedule for the week!
Please note: Children under 6 are encouraged to attend morning divan, but if not possible, they may come at 830 am for breakfast and classes. All activities are optional for children under 6.
Things to Bring
- Chunni/rumaal/dastars (girls)
- Dastaars/Patkas (recommend 3)
- Clothes for 1 week – underwear, salwar/kameez for girls, shirts/pants, shirts, socks. Keep in mind dress code.
- Recreation time clothes for girls, shorts
- Shoes for play
- Comb/hair supplies
- Toiletries (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush)
- Flipflops for shower
- Bedding: Sheets, pillow, blanket/sleeping bag
- Medicine (if needed, please inform upon registration)
Things NOT to Bring
- Electronics (computer, gaming devices, etc)
- Candy/gum/snacks, Kids will be well fed, please do not pack extra food as it attracts bugs and rodents.
- Flammables (matches, lighters)
- Expensive items that could be lost
- Dangerous item/weapons except for a Kirpan
- If these are found with any camper, we will confiscate them.
Everyone must keep their head covered during camp. Boys must wear dastars during the day and pants for divans, they can change clothes for rec time. Girls must wear salwar kameez with chunni/ramaal/dastar and can change into shirts/pants for recreation time. Please remember that we are at Gurdwara and to dress appropriately. We encourage all campers to bring and wear their kakkars proudly throughout camp.
Kids can bring phones to call parents during freetime, otherwise we will encourage campers to be phone-free. Counselors will have phones and will help make connections with parents.
If we see campers using phones inappropriately, we will confiscate them and return to parents on Friday evening. Phone are not allowed during divan or class. No streaming, playing games, or listening to audio is allowed. Listening devices including headphones, earbuds, airpods, and others are not allowed at camp. We are not liable for any lost or damaged phones during camp.
If any child causes excessive discipline problems, we will call their parents to come pick them up immediately, and that child will not be allowed to return to camp in successive years.